Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School

Summer has come to a close, and the kids started back to school on Thursday! Yeah! It was a good summer, but I am exhausted from trying to hold down my job, and provide entertainment for the kids to keep them from getting too bored over the summer.

We ended the summer with Christopher's 10th birthday party. This year he wanted to have a sleep-over with his 3 gaming friends. So we planned to swim early in the evening, (I was secretly hoping they would be exhausted after this), then a battle on the WII.....he chose Mario Olympics, and then a movie to calm things down.

Needless to say after 2:00 AM I had to separate them into different rooms in order to get them to sleep. Unfortunately at 5:00 AM Ginger heard some movement in the living room, where 2 of the boys were asleep, and ran out barking, raising the alarm that woke up most of the house. Thankfully I was able to get them, (not me) back to sleep until 7:00. I told Chris, don't think I need to repeat this experience for another 10 years, and by then he should be in college and living in a dorm. I am just not the sleep over Mom type I guess, I need my sleep more than they do.

We were able to fit in several fun outings over the summer. Think the kids saw every PG movie that came out, either with me or the sitter. We went to the water park once, and ice skating a couple of times. Kirsten tried ice skating this last time, and did fairly well. I was proud that she didnt give up and quit when she wanted to. Christopher has the knack of it now, so he does not fall as often.

Chris made the decision not to play fall baseball this year, but elected to do soccer instead. He is still taking his private lessons for pitching and batting which he wants to continue until Spring, but was not interested in playing since his Coach would not be able to coach the team for the fall. Soccer is a much shorter season through the school, and is only one night a week, so this is wonderful news for me. Kirsten did Volleyball tryouts on Friday and is very hopeful that she will make the team. She is extremely sore, and this made shopping for school clothes entertaining yesterday since she had difficulty walking, and well....just moving in general. I am happy to see her interested in joining anything. Since Chris is not playing baseball it should give me the opportunity to watch her in action on the courts.

We're off to a good start, and hopefully this will be a good school year!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I've been enjoying your blog, Robin. I tag you - You've just been meme'd. See my blog. Sandy