Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to the grind- Evil task master

I do not remember my parents having to brow beat me to do my best job on my homework. It wasn't that I found it particularly fun, but I know I took pride in doing a good job. I always feel like the Mean Evil task master when I have to send (normally Chris) back to do his homework again because he didn't do it right the first time. How can you mis-spell spelling words when your copying them from a list? Last week it was "esa" supposed to be "essay", today it was "poeple" supposed to be "people". And we're only in week two....this is going to be a long school year, he and I are both thinking as he stomps off ripping the paper to shreads.

Kirsten on the other hand -always does great work, if she can get started. She has a tendency to procrastinate, and is then asking for help when its past my bed time. She doesn't understand that the mean evil taskmaster needs her beauty sleep .:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be a boy thing - dad needs to have the conversation with him about double work, that will change his world. I suggest remove Kirstens t.v. It worked for me;) Also, you cry so much during movies that your tear ducts will need a tummy tuck in a couple years...(I hear its pretty steep$$$) Better break out that mixed-check lol

Sandy said...

Learn Mom's line. Repeat after me: "I'm your mother, not your friend." :-)

Heather's counsel is solid on both counts. Hang in there, evil task master.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunt Sandy...I am right lol j/k but you know I could talk all day about how I had it so much worse than Kirsten and Christopher but in the end its really about your sanity and I think a part of being the great parent, that you already are, is knowing when your giving too much of yourself. Kirsten and Christopher are capable of doing their homework without being prompted...they have learned how far they can go without pushing the big red button and they will continue to do that until you give them a reason to not push the preverbial button (I know...I was a kid once!) Maybe create a contract for homework time.