Thursday, June 26, 2008

A contest for fitness



As is often the case its swimsuit season, and I find myself looking at all the droopy places, and places that giggle when I walk wondering why someone doesn't make a suit to cover these things, but I guess they do, if I don't mind wearing a full scuba suit out by our pool. I had a turning point about 10 days ago, when my normally kind and loving son says, "Boy Mom, your legs are fat"...I wanted to reply "Thanks son, I hadn't noticed!" This was the kick in the pants I needed to get motivated back to working out in a more consistent basis. Since both Heather and Kirsten also want to lose a few pounds we have entered into a contest for the next 6 weeks, on who can lose the greatest % of weight. I am very competitive when it comes to this, so hopefully Heather and Kirsten stay motivated as well. So far I have been to the gym 8 out of 10 days, so I feel pretty good about that. I think I have lost about 2.5 lbs so far, now the trick is keeping it off while I continue on. One of my favorite new pieces of equipment is the Nautilus Tread climber. This is awesome! Ok Girls....I have no intentions of losing, so hope you play your best game! August 7th is D Day.

2 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Good luck. Go Robin Go!!!

Anonymous said...

Uh...we soooo decided on August 15th and I should probably mention that a storms a-brewin'.."you want a little thunder or a little lightning" [said while in boxing mode] See ya at the gym!!! :)